Interested in expressing your opinion on current events? Want to start a conversation on an issue that’s important to you and have your voice heard? If so, consider a submission to The Compass, the online blog of The Globe, the undergraduate academic journal of the International Affairs Society and the Elliott School of International Affairs!
- Get published online on The Globe’s website
- Develop professional writing samples for internship and job applications
- Contribute to discussions at GW and the greater D.C. community on pressing international issues
- Develop your writing skills through collaboration with blog editors
Style guide for submissions:
- For electronic sources: please hyperlink verbs in the sentences of your blog that reference external sources to the original article, journal, etc. – see our hyperlink guide and recently published articles
- For non-electronic sources (print, etc.): please provide a Chicago Style footnote for the source (when adding footnotes to your post please only use the MS Word Footnotes Tool, do not manually add footnotes to the post by super-scripting numbers) – see Perdue OWL: Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition
Ready to Submit?
Fill out the form below or email your draft to thecompassgwu[AT]gmail[DOT]com or smason[AT]gwu[DOT]edu.